14.07.010 International Existing Building Code, 2015 Edition adopted by reference, generally
Pursuant to Title 31, Article 16, 1973 C.R.S. and the Lakewood Municipal Charter, The International Existing Building Code of the International Code Council, 2015 Edition, hereinafter “International Existing Building Code,” is hereby adopted by reference, subject to the deletions, amendments and additions contained herein. (Ord. O-2018-6 § 7, 2018; Ord. O-2011-10 § 7, 2011; Ord. O-2006-17 § 5, 2006; Ord. O-2003-20 § 5, 2003; Ord. O-99-29 § 5 (part), 1999; Ord. O-95-47 § 7 (part), 1995; Ord. O-90-15 § 28, 1990; Ord. O-86-7 § 1, 1986; Ord. O-83-82 § 1, 1983; Ord. O-81-106 § 1, 1981 ).
14.07.020 Purpose of the International Existing Building Code
The purpose of the International Existing Building Code is to provide flexibility to permit the use of alternative approaches to achieve compliance with minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety and welfare insofar as they are affected by the repair, alteration, change of occupancy, addition and relocation of existing buildings. (Ord. O-2018-6 § 7, 2018; Ord. O-2011-10 § 7, 2011; Ord. O-2006-17 § 5, 2006; Ord. O-2003-20 § 5, 2003; Ord. O-99-29 § 5 (part), 1999; Ord. O-95-47 § 7 (part), 1995; Ord. O-90-15 § 29, 1990; Ord. O-86-7 § 1, 1986; Ord. O-83-82 § 1, 1983; Ord. O-81-106 § 1, 1981).
14.07.040 Amendments to certain provisions of the International Existing Building Code
Certain provisions of the International Existing Building Code, as indicated herein, are hereby amended.
A. The provisions of Chapter 1 shall include the following amendments:
1. Subsection 101.1 is deleted.
2. Subsection 101.4.2 is replaced with the following:
101.4.2 Buildings previously occupied. The legal occupancy of any building existing on the date of adoption of this code shall be permitted to continue without change, except as specifically covered in this code, the International Fire Code or the International Building Code, or as deemed necessary by the code official for the general safety and welfare of the occupants and the public.
3. Section 103 is deleted
4. Subsection 105.1.1 is deleted.
5. Subsection 105.1.2 is deleted
6. The first paragraph of Subsection 105.3 is replaced with the following:
105.3 Application for Permit. To obtain a permit, the applicant shall file an application in writing on a form furnished by the City of Lakewood for that purpose.
7. Section 108 is replaced with the following:
Fees. Fees and valuation for permits required by this code shall be as specified in Section 14.01.060 of the Lakewood Building Code.
8. Section 112 is replaced with the following:
Board of Appeals. Persons aggrieved under this Chapter 14.07 shall file an appeal with the Board of Appeals of the City of Lakewood as provided in Chapter 14.12 of the Lakewood Municipal Code.
B. The provisions of Chapter 4 shall include the following amendment:
1. Subsection 403.8 is deleted
C. The provisions of Chapter 13 shall include the following amendments:
1. Subsection 1301.2 is replaced with the following:
1301.2 Conformance. No building, structure or improvement shall be moved from or into the City, or transported upon any public highway in the City until and unless a building permit to move and set and a transport permit has been obtained therefor and said building structure or improvement complies with the provisions of this section. All such buildings, structures and improvements shall comply with this Code.
1. Any person who wishes to obtain a building permit, to move and set, in compliance herewith, shall apply at the City, request an inspection of the building, structure or improvement to be moved and set, and file an application for such permit with the Department.
2. The applicant shall submit with an application for said building permit a plot plan, footing and foundation plan and construction plans for any new construction.
3. If the building, structure or improvement is located in the City, all outstanding property taxes shall be paid, and the applicant shall submit with the application a statement from the County Treasurer showing that all past and current taxes have been paid before any permit shall be issued.
4. Upon receipt of the above items, the Building Official shall inspect said building, structure or improvement, and the proposed location where same will be set within the City of Lakewood and upon determining that the proposed development complies with this code and the zoning ordinance, the Building Official shall issue the building permit to move and set. The City Clerk shall issue a transport permit, providing said building complies with the ordinance. The City Traffic Engineer will designate the route to be traveled. The transport permit is good only for the date specified on the permit. The transport permit will not be issued if 180 days or more have lapsed from the date of inspection by the Building Official.
5. There will be a building permit fee as adopted by City Council resolution to cover costs of investigation and inspection for determining the structural soundness of buildings, structures or improvements to be modified, which fee is payable in advance and must accompany the application provided for herein. The inspection shall determine what will be necessary to bring buildings, structures or improvements into compliance with the Lakewood Building Code should the building not comply. This fee is not refundable. If buildings, structures or improvements are found in compliance with the Lakewood Building Code, a building permit will be issued at the regular building permit fee.
6. The transport permit provided for in this section shall not be in lieu of any building permits, which may be required by the City.
7. No transport or building permit to move and set shall be issued until the applicant has first obtained any necessary permits from the telephone company, public utilities companies, railroad companies, the Colorado Department of Transportation, and the City Traffic Engineer unless it can be shown by the applicant that these agencies disclaim interest in the matter.
8. No transport or building permit to move and set shall be issued for any building, structure or improvement exceeding 24 feet in width, 20 feet maximum loaded in height, or in excess of 55 feet in length.
9. No person, corporation or company shall transport, move or set any building, structure or improvement in the City of Lakewood until and unless such person, corporation or company shall post with the City of Lakewood a good and sufficient indemnity bond in the amount of Ten Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($10,000.00) in favor of the City of Lakewood and any persons who may suffer damage by reason of such transportation, moving or setting. Such bond shall be made by a surety corporation authorized to do business in this state, and may be issued on an annual basis, but shall not be in excess of such period of time.
D. The provisions of Chapter 7 shall include the following amendments:
1. Subsection 707.2 is amended by deleting exception 3.
2. Subsection 707.3.2 is deleted.
E. The provisions of Chapter 14 shall include the following amendments:
1. Subsection 1401.2 is amended by inserting “March 27, 1972,” in the place designated for the applicable date.
2. Subsection 1401.3.2 is replaced with the following:
1401.3.2 Compliance with other codes. Buildings that are evaluated in accordance with this section shall comply with the International Fire Code.
(Ord. O-2018-6 § 7, 2018; Ord. O-2011-10 § 7, 2011; Ord. O-2006-17 § 5, 2006; Ord. O-2003-20 § 5, 2003; Ord. O-99-29 § 5, 1999; Ord. O-95-47 § 7 (part), 1995; Ord. O-90-15 § 30,31, 1990; Ord. O-86-7 § 1, 1986; Ord. O-83-82 § 1, 1983; O-81-106 § 1, 1981).
14.07.070 Penalties for violations of International Existing Building Code
A. Any person who violates any of the provisions of the code adopted by this chapter or fails to comply therewith, or who violates or fails to comply with any order made thereunder, or who builds in violation of any detailed statement of specifications or plans submitted and approved thereunder or any certificate or permit issued thereunder, and from which no appeal has been taken, or who fails to comply with such an order, as affirmed or modified by the Board of Appeals or by a court of competent jurisdiction, within the time fixed in this chapter, shall severally for each and every violation and noncompliance respectively, be subject to the penalties set forth in Section 1.16.020. The imposition of one penalty for any violation shall not excuse the violation or permit it to continue, and all such persons shall be required to correct or remedy such violations or deficits within a reasonable time, and when not otherwise specified, each day that prohibited conditions are maintained shall constitute a separate offense.
B. The application of the above penalty shall not be held to prevent the enforced removal of prohibited conditions.
(Ord. O-2018-6 § 7, 2018; Ord. O-2017-16 § 17, 2017; Ord. O-2011-10 § 7, 2011; Ord. O-2006-17 § 5, 2006; Ord. O-2003-20 § 5, 2003; Ord. O-99-29 § 5 (part), 1999; Ord. O-95-47 § 7 (part), 1995; Ord. O-86-7 § 1, 1986; Ord. O-84-87 § 14, 1984; Ord. O-83-82 § 1, 1983; Ord. O-81-106 § 1, 1981).