Visitors will encounter construction and changes at the Lakewood Civic Center as they conduct business, attend performances and meetings, or visit Lakewood Police or Municipal Court over the next several months.
Phase 1 construction begins Aug. 12, 2013
- The north end of the upper parking lot and adjacent sidewalks next to the Cultural Center are closed.
- North entrance to underground parking is closed, but south entrance remains open.
- Outside elevator at the pedestrian bridge closes Aug. 19. Alternative elevator available inside the Cultural Center, or when closed, use sidewalks along the south end of the upper lot for access between upper lot, Allison Parkway, underground parking, and bus stops.
- Still open: Access to the RTD bus station at Lakewood Civic Center is NOT affected.
Parking for Daytime Visitors
- Parking is available in the upper parking lot above South Allison Parkway (see map below).
- Enter the upper parking lot from the south only (roundabout near Belmar Library).
- Parking is also available on the upper deck of the Public Safety Center to the west of Allison.
Parking for Evening and Weekend Patrons of the Lakewood Cultural Center
- Use South Allison Parkway from either direction to access the underground garage. Look for the blue wall to find the elevator to the Lakewood Cultural Center Lobby.
- Parking is available in the upper parking lot above South Allison Parkway. Enter the upper parking lot from the south only (roundabout near Belmar Library).