Trees provide us with many ecological, economic and psychological benefits.
- Supply the oxygen we need to breath
- Keep our air fresh by absorbing pollutants
- Remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- Reduce soil erosion and storm water runoff
- Increase real estate values
- Provide privacy, screen urban infrastructure and reduce noise
- Located properly, trees can reduce air conditioning and heating costs
- Provide wildlife habitat and food
The Colorado Tree Coalition has developed an extensive summary regarding the many benefits of the urban forest. For more information: www.coloradotrees.org.
For other related tree information, please visit the following sites