- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You reside at least 50 percent of the time in Lakewood, whether or not you are registered to vote.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You can read, speak and understand the English language.
- You have not been selected and served as an impaneled juror in any court within the preceding 12 months, nor have you been scheduled for juror service within the next 12 months by another court. (Any person claiming this disqualification shall submit proof from the appropriate authority, verifying prior or pending service.)
- You do not have sole responsibility for the daily care of a permanently disabled person living in the same household, where your juror service would cause substantial risk of injury to the health of the disabled person. Before you may be disqualified, you must submit a statement from a doctor to the jury commissioner immediately after receiving your summons.
- You do not have a physical or mental disability that would affect your ability to serve as a juror. If you do, you must submit a statement from your doctor to the jury commissioner immediately after receiving your summons.
By law, there are no economic, age-related or occupational exclusions from jury service.