If you believe a stolen item has been pawned at a Lakewood pawnshop, contact the Pawn Unit at 303-987-7269.
- Following a criminal investigation, the pawn technician will work with you to ensure that your property is returned.
- The technician will require proof of ownership, such as a receipt, photograph, serial number or unique identifying information you can describe.
- You must also have a police report from the agency where the crime occurred, meaning if the initial crime (theft, burglary, car break-in, etc.) occurred in another city - even though the item may have been pawned in Lakewood - you must have a police report from that original jurisdiction. If the initial crime occured in Lakewood, you should call our police non emergency number to make the report: 303-987-7111.
- To proceed, the pawn technician must have the case number.
After an item has been pawned, the shop is required to hold the item in its back storage area for 30 days. The pawnshop will not allow you in that back area to look for an item you suspect may have been pawned.
Requirements to Pawn in Lakewood:
- You must be at least 21 years old to pawn an item.
- You must have valid ID.
- You must declare ownership of the item on the pawn slip, and you must be truthful on the declaration.
- Providing false information on the declaration of ownership is a felony crime, and you will be prosecuted.
- You will be expected to provide a fingerprint and have your photograph taken. This is a requirement under the ordinance.