During times of drought and high fire danger, the City can institute:
NOW IN EFFECT: Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
Stage 1 Fire Restriction are in effect for open space areas in Lakewood, including Bear Creek Lake Park, William Frederick Hayden Park on Green Mountain, Thunder Valley and the Bear Creek Greenbelt. See what is and is not allowed below.
Stage 2: Fire Ban (currently not activated)
For activities that are prohibited and allowed in these stages, see "What Is/Isn't Allowed?" below.
Keep in mind the following activities are always prohibited even when not under fire restrictions or a fire ban:
- Any recreational fire that is larger than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height, without a permit.
- Burning in a careless manner, leaving a fire unattended or failing to extinguish any fire.
- Burning trash or debris.
- Using ANY fireworks including sparklers, Roman candles, sky lanterns or any other device containing an explosive substance.
- Open burning without a permit and failing to take adequate measures to prevent uncontrolled fires.
- In Lakewood parks and recreational areas, fires outside of permanent rings and grills.
All fireworks are prohibited in Lakewood.